- Full Obsidian Gear (choose the helm for the particular run)
- Choose your best main weapon depending on run
- Mage: I used Arma bstaff w/ water runes for Water Surge
- Range: I used Arma cbow & royal bolts
- Melee: I used Augmented Balmung
- Vampyrism Aura and/or Scrimshaws
- Tokkul-Zo (Charged)
- Best necklace (I used Amulet of fury (t)
- Tirannwn quiver
- Steel Titan (Really helps a lot!)
After getting equipped, bring 30k tokkul to the Cauldron for the obsidian armor boost. (Pay 15k twice)
- 2 overload flasks (or two Holy Overlode flasks) or 3 if nervous
- 2 Super Prayer Renewals (or two prayer flasks if using holy ovls)
- 1 Weapon Poison++ flask
- Enhanced Excalibur
- Dreadnips (if you have them & want to use. Not necessary though)
- Steel of legends scrolls
- Rune pickaxe (for Dills-- toolbelt pick only works when using melee)
- A staff and/or runes for casting Water Surge
- Not needed during Ranged run.
- Cast the whole time if using magic.
- Use spell on the Jads when using melee as the main style to avoid being squished.
- *Leave three spaces open for crystal collection. (I collect Restoration, Constitution, & Invulnerability)
- *Rest of the inventory space can be filled with food.
- I found the Mage run is easiest/fastest, then Range, then Melee.
- Tell the intro guy: "Let's fight." (Don't choose the "quickly" option.)
- Relax, breathe, stay calm. It really is a nice easy fight when paying calm attention.
- Hang out, hide, and heal at the central rock. (Eventually the lava pushes the arena to that area anyway.)
- I found that Regeneration between waves is a good way to heal.
- Put Freedom and Anticipation on the Abilities bar to save adrenalin between waves.
- You will see crystals spawn by the central rock.
- Most useful are Invulnerability and Constitution. You definitely want these.
- Only one crystal effect can be used at a time.
- At wave 10, 20, and 30, there will be a short black screen & cut scene.
- During Jad waves, pray mage until you see him slam the ground, then pray range.
- When he rears up to make fire, it' magic.
- When he slams the ground, you have a moment to pray range before the rock hits.
- Jad Waves & spawn locations: 10 (sw), 20 (sw), 30 (sw), 34 (se), 35 (ne)
- 2 Jads: wave 36 (sw & sw)
- I kill the Jads before the other monsters. He dies really fast. (No healers!)
- Wave 28: At the start of the wave, use a Constitution crystal. (1 Ket-Zek, 6 Dill)
- Wave 33: At the end of the wave, use a Constitution crystal. (as prep for 34, 35, and 36 Jad waves)
- Wave 36: At the start, Use Invulnerability. (Double Jads!)
- If you somehow don't have Invulnerability, you can trap one. or just tank it. They're softies.
- Wave 37: Har-Aken! Attack tentacles until the head shows up. You want to kill the head! (He's another softy. But he runs away and comes back, so keep at it! It takes a little while.)
- I vamp up my adrenalin bar on tentacles and use ultimates when his head appears to kill him faster.
- Steel titan scroll is very useful to kill him faster.
Best of luck!
Courtesy of Miriel Estel, last update March 2nd 2016